Accountable to You
Donor Bill of Rights
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purpose for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The Stratford General Hospital Foundation recognizes your right to confidentiality and pledges to protect your privacy. We adhere to all applicable privacy legislation in Canada, the privacy guidelines of the Canadian Centre for Philanthropy; and abide by the Donor Bill of Rights and the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice developed by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, the Canadian Centre for Philanthropy and the Association of Healthcare Philanthropy. Please read our privacy statement online or call 272-8210 ext. 2627 or email email@example.com.
To further protect your privacy, the Foundation does not sell, trade or otherwise share our donor’s names.